Senior Cyber Security SME
Senior Cyber Security SME
Top Secret SCI (SSBI) (Tier 5)
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Giesler is seeking a motivated & dynamic Senior Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) to serve as a Key Technical Staff Leader in supporting the Army’s Regional Cyber Center-CONUS (RCC-C). In this role, candidate applies deep organizational, technical, and analytical skills to protect and defend US Army Department of Defense (DoD) Information Network (DoDIN) resources. Builds and scales projects to detect vulnerabilities, mitigate threats and improve cybersecurity posture to ensure DoDIN operational capabilities are protected. This role requires a strong mix of Information Technology (IT), cybersecurity, people and process management and analytical problem-solving skills. Requires an active Top Secret/SCI clearance and meeting Cyber Security Workforce requirements.
Major Job Activities:
• SME in performing cyber security services to aid the Government in securing DODIN-A information systems and networks as dictated by AR 25-2, AR 380-5 and all other applicable DoD, Army and RCC-C security policies and procedures.
• Lead and prepare for various inspection efforts such as Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI), Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) Inspections, Security Assistance Visits (SAVs).
• Lead auditing of services, access, usage, etc., as outlined in existing policy and regulatory guidance.
• Lead and organize system authorization/Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation and maintenance, and CSSP documentation and maintenance, as well as documenting and reviewing annually all established security processes.
• Establish and maintain a vulnerability management plan to formalize an approach in maintaining, enhancing, and verifying the security posture of the network.
• Oversees monthly vulnerability scans and guides coordination of any findings with system and/or network owners for corrective action.
• Create/Update/Track POA&M items associated with open STIG and Scan vulnerability results.
• Responsible for ensuring team members use IAVMs and other published guidance for vulnerability tracking and remediation.
• Shall also assist and report any IAVA impact statements, extensions requests, scorecards, and compliance reporting.
• Responsible for enforcing and reporting audits to monitor network controls, access, usage, unauthorized software, anti-virus definitions, etc., in order to verify the security posture of the network.
• Responsible for reviewing and reporting any security breaches, to include virus reports, spillage, security leaks, or password compromise.
• Oversees the execution of management services for all accounts, credentials, badges, and network access for all RCC-C employees, ensuring accounts, credentials, and badges are solely issued on the identified employee function and verification of the certification/training necessary to provide required access.
• Lead and organize Whitelisting Registrar efforts for all ARMY JFHQ DoDIN commercial access points within the boundaries of RCC-C. N/A.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
• Basic Office Equipment.
• Normal office environment.
• May require support during periods of non-traditional working hours including nights or weekends.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull 40 lbs. unassisted.
Education / Certifications:
• Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree
• IAT Level III Baseline Certification: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CCSP
• Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
• ITIL v4 Foundation certification desired upon hire, required within three months of hiring date
• U.S. citizenship is required.
• Active TS/SCI (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information).
Experience / Skills:
• Five (5) years applicable experience. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with other IT professionals and end users, and be able to present briefings to executive staff.
• Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously, routinely multitasking and reassigning priorities.
• ACAS, eMASS, HBSS, WSUS, BMC Remedy.
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
Acts in a technical based supervisory capacity.
"Subject" line of the email should include your name and the position you are applying for
Giesler, LLC is a private corporation established in the State of Georgia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This commitment affirms Giesler LLC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local law.