Senior Analyst Forensics
Senior Analyst Forensics / Malware
Top Secret SCI (SSBI) (Tier 5)
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Giesler is currently seeking a Senior Analyst Forensics / Malware to serve at The Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) division within RCC-CONUS (RCC-C). We are looking for a candidate with strong scripting abilities, experience with systems security administration, and network security technologies. The Forensics / Malware Senior Analyst will lead a team that will design, implement, automate, maintain, and optimize measures protecting systems, networks, and information.
Major Job Activities:
• Lead and examine malicious software using reverse engineering techniques to identify the nature of threats and perform analysis to understand adversarial capabilities and tactics.
• Develops procedures and scripts to identify, collect, transfer, and preserve evidence of unauthorized access to military and partner networks.
• Develops and maintains practices on obtaining forensic images of servers, workstations, laptops, flash devices, removable media, cell phones, RAID, and virtual systems.
• Oversees analysis of computer network intrusion events and malicious activity.
• Draft and review forensic and malware reports, briefings, and white papers.
• Analyze trends and statistics to provide proactive indications and warnings of malicious cyber activity and correlate attacks, exploits, and threat vectors.
• Develop mitigation techniques to deny further exploitation and provide recommendations for appropriate response and corrective actions to defend against threat activity.
• Shall work and interact with other DCO professionals internal and external to ARCYBER, with LE/CI Liaison Officers (LNOs), and intelligence professionals as a technical specialist to understand higher-level adversary capability.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
• Basic Office Equipment.
• Normal office environment.
• May require support during periods of non-traditional working hours including nights or weekends.
Must be able to lift/push/pull 40 lbs. unassisted.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree.
• IAT Level II Baseline Certification: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP.
• GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA).
• ITIL v4 Foundation certification desired upon hire, required within three months of hiring date.
• Active TS/SCI (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information).
• U.S. citizenship is required.
Experience / Skills:
• 5 years applicable experience working with various data (network and system) technologies, with a minimum of two of those years focused on information systems security, forensic and malware analysis. Exceptional knowledge and experience with commercial binary analysis tools, threat intelligence and visualization technologies, visualization of quantitative (numerical) or qualitative information. Excellent interpersonal, organization, writing, communicating, and briefing skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Must have a firm understanding of security enclave engineering.
• IDA PRO Disassembler, Ollydbg, OpenText EnCase Forensic, BMC Remedy, Assembly, C, C++, Perl, Java, Python.
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
Acts in a technical based supervisory capacity.
"Subject" line of the email should include your name and the position you are applying for
Giesler, LLC is a private corporation established in the State of Georgia, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. This commitment affirms Giesler LLC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local law.